Advanced, high lubricity metal removal fluid
HOCUT 4940 is free from boron, chlorine, formaldehyde-release biocides, and secondary amines of all types. The fluid is considered non-hazardous under CHIP legislation, and requires minimal hazard warning labelling. The product is compliant with REACH and seen as a “Future Proof” technology for our customers.
Houghton’s HOCUT 4940 metalworking coolant is a unique technology platform characterised by very long sump-life and versatile emulsion characteristics. The product has been designed to meet the demands of high speed turning, milling and grinding of arduous aerospace materials where coolant pressures can exceed 100 bar. HOCUT 4940 is based on an innovative and high performance lubricity package giving outstanding surface finish and exceptional tool life performance in difficult operations. Tool life improvements of up to 30% can be achieved against conventional high lubricity fluids.
It can operate extremely well at between 6 – 7% concentrations, typically 2% lower than other high performance fluids.
The advanced formula is compatible with all material types including titanium, nickel, and sensitive aluminium alloys. HOCUT 4940 will enable the use of one metalworking coolant across hard metal machining operations increasing the capacity for recycling and waste minimisation.
We are proud to be able to offer such a product which will ensure compliance and cost effectiveness for years to come.
- Versatile: Can process various aerospace materials, ranging from Titanium’s, Nickels Aluminium alloys as well as ferrous alloys.
- High detergency: Leaves parts and machine tools clean and free from residues.
- Extended tool-life: Thanks to its unique high lubricity additive package tool wear is minimized, saving tooling costs.
- Very long sump-life: Incorporates the New HOCUT 4000 series emulsion technology and extends intervals between clean outs.
- Very stable emulsion: Fewer additive treatments and lower usage costs.
- Inhibits aluminium staining: Can be used on sensitive aerospace alloys including 2000 and 7000 series alloys.
- Very low foaming: Ideal for the highest speeds and pressures in soft to hard water (10°dH – 70°dH).
- Excellent EHS profile: Boron, formaldehyde, chlorine and phenol-free. Contains only TRGS 611 approved amines.